AnVIL

Error creating billing project

Hi- I got this error when trying to create a new billing project. Any ideas? It took about 30 minutes and then the error came up. I tried again and it has been in progress for hours now.

From Terra Support 8:14am EDT

Your request (163079) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

From Terra Support 9:16am EDT

Thank you for writing in about this issue. This error is either letting you know that the chosen name does not fit the requirements for a project name as set forth by Google. Can you try again, ensuring the name consists of only letters, numbers, and dashes, and is between 5 and 28 characters long?

Please also ensure the name is unique. Because AnVIL creates a Google billing project of the same name, it will need to be unique among all Google projects. You can append “-anvil” to try and ensure it wouldn’t be a name already taken by somebody else in Google, for instance.

And thank you for pointing out the long load time. This is a known issue of the UI not properly updating the status of the billing project creation in a timely manner. Refreshing the page after a minute or two typically gives you the actual result of the billing project creation request. I will flag this incident up with the appropriate engineering team.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

The name did fit the specifications so I’m not sure what happened. I tried again and got a different error.
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.04.34 PM

From Terra Support 12:26pm EDT

This error is to let you know that you’ve chosen a name that already exists as a Google project. See this article for more details: Billing: Error creating billing project - “The caller does not have permission”

Please try again with a more unique name and let us know if you are able to create the billing project successfully!

I did manage to create a billing project. The only confusing part is that it appears to hang for a long time and I had to refresh the page to see the result. Thanks!