AnVIL Office Hours 16DEC2021 @ 11 am ET

The AnVIL Outreach Working Group is hosting virtual AnVIL Office Hours on Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 11:00 - 11:50 am ET. These Office Hours are a new opportunity for you to get your questions about working on AnVIL answered in person – whether you’re trying to set up a billing account, launch Galaxy or RStudio, looking for methods and featured workspaces, and more. Members of the AnVIL team will be available to help users including PIs, analysts, and data submitters get unstuck, troubleshoot issues, and discover online resources that provide further information.

Please post your questions in this thread ahead of the session!

Register here to receive the meeting link: https://forms.gle/EeshR1DQUpBpzPbBA.

Hello, question:

1. I would like to work with a dataset that I have access to, but I don’t know how to add it to a workspace.
  2. As far as I understand, the study dataset I want to work with is partly on AnVIL and partly on biodata catalyst. I’d like to learn how to bring these two data parts to the workspace, so I can work on them together.

FYI these are my first steps in this environment.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks so much for attending, @tsofer ! I’m linking a few Terra support documentation articles we mentioned that might help you organize your data tables once the access is sorted out:

This support article on the GA4GH Data Repository Service (DRS) and DRS Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) can help with pointing to data in different cloud storage buckets

Lastly, this workspace from a 2019 ASHG workshop shows an analysis using the GENESIS R package that might be useful for your analysis down the line:

• 2019_ASHG_Reproducible_GWAS-V2: Terra
1 Like