The AnVIL Outreach Team is tasked with both creating online scalable content and supporting a very broad range of users - from individuals, to PIs, to full consortia. As a team, we have developed a set of goals and timelines for outreach work we want to accomplish each quarter. We also recognize the need of consortia, working groups and individuals for introductions to AnVIL and its usage. The outreach team strives to support both of these activities. To ensure that all stakeholders are well-supported, we are implementing a review process of training requests to maintain the highest level of service.
To be able to provide consistent support while achieving our milestones, the Outreach Team has developed a protocol so requesters have a transparent process for receiving support. If you would like the Outreach Team to support an event with a presentation, demo, or other activity, we have developed the following request process:
- Those interested in support from the Outreach Team are encouraged to submit a request through this Google form (linked to at https://anvilproject.org/help): https://forms.gle/gH7wx6CqsT7Pd6ha7.
- The Outreach Team will regularly review requests at internal Outreach meetings every 2 weeks.
- After the internal review process, we will respond with our availability and materials and requirements needed to provide the highest level of support. We aim to provide feedback within two business days after the review process.
We have established a general set of criteria designed to facilitate the review process of training requests. In general the outreach team will offer at most 1 in person event per month subject to the following considerations:
- If the Outreach team has experience using the tool or analysis requested and existing training materials are available, the training can be scheduled 2-4 weeks after the review process, based on availability.
- If the Outreach team has experience using the tool or analysis requested but does not have existing training materials, the training will require a minimum lead time of one month, based on availability.
- If the Outreach team does not have experience using the tool or analysis requested and does not have existing training materials, the training will require a minimum lead time of one quarter, based on availability. Additionally, the Outreach Team will require consistent feedback and support from tool or analysis development teams.